Dear NUSPsyche members,
Oogachaga Counselling and Support is looking to hire Psychology graduates! For more information, please refer to the following:
Vacancy for Social Worker / Social Work Executive / Social Work Assistant
Oogachaga Counselling and Support (OC) is Singapore’s largest community based agency that provides supportive services to the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ) communities since 1999. We are also an all-inclusive organisation whose team includes full time staff working together with active volunteers from LGBTQ and straight communities, including Singaporeans and non-Singaporeans.
It is our mission to provide counselling and support to the LGBTQ individuals and promote better understanding on LGBTQ issues. We are currently looking for passionate candidates to join our organisation as social worker / social work executive / social work assistant.
• Conduct social intervention programs which include group work, workshops and events facilitation, face-to-face / email / hotline counselling.
• Assist the Centre Manager in achieving the mission and vision of Oogachaga.
You must be
• An outgoing person who is comfortable outside the work cubicle.
• A great communicator and motivator who can mobilise others.
• An open minded person who enjoys working with people of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities.
• A strong believer in the work of community based organisations
• Familiar with MS Office, especially Excel.
• Prepared to work after office hours and weekends when necessary.
• You must have a degree or graduate diploma in counselling, social work or psychology, with the completion of at least 20 hours of counselling practicum or field placement.
• If you are a non social work graduate, you should have at least 2 years of relevant working experience in social service sector.
• If you are fresh graduate, do send in your application too.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, or marital status.
Only Singaporean and Singaporean Permanent Resident may apply.
If this fits your need, email your resume with cover letter and expected salary to Centre Manager through email@example.com by 28 May 2012. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
NUS Psychology Society