Finals are FINALLY OVER and Christmas is Coming. It’s the time of giving!
Just as how we’ve benefitted from our seniors’ experiences, let’s reflect on our past semester and do some module reviewsto help future students in our positions!
The good, the bad, the frustrating—we want to know them all!
You can contribute your reviews at http://tinyurl.com/psychmodreview. The collection of past reviews can be found at: https://nuspsychereviews.wordpress.com/.
P.S. If you prefer to remain anonymous, just enter ‘NA’ into the Name section of the submission form. If you provide your name, we will include it along so you can be credited.
Thanks so much for your submission! (:
Are you interested in learning more about clinical psychology? Have a passion for volunteering and working in the field of clinical psychology?
NUS Psychology Society is proud to bring back the Institute of Mental Health (IMH) Visit this December break! You will have the chance to interact with an IMH clinical psychologist and an IMH mental health advocate as they share their experiences. We will also be bringing you on a small tour around the institution to understand the various programmes and facilities available for patients at IMH.
Date: 19th December 2017 (Tuesday)
Time: 9.30am – 12pm
Location: Institue of Mental Health (IMH)
Slots are limited and will be on a first-come-first-serve basis, so do sign up now at tinyurl.com/IMHVisitDec2017. Sign-ups will close on 10 December, 2359. Priority will be given to NUS Psychology Society’s members.
Want to know more about Autism? Or have an interest in careers on Autism Education?
The NUS Psychology Society is proud to bring back the visit to the St. Andrew’s Autism Centre (SAAC) this winter break! This is a valuable opportunity to learn more about autism and the operations at SAAC and hear about the experiences of the SAAC’s coaches (Psychology graduates). There will also be a sharing of the internship and volunteer opportunities!
Date: 11 December 2017
Time: 1.30pm – 3.30pm
Location: St. Andrew’s Autism Centre
Slots are limited and will be on a first-come-first-serve basis, so do sign up now at tinyurl.com/SAACVisitDec17
. Sign-ups will close by 30 November, 2359. Priority will be given to NUS Psych Soc members.
Does FREEBIES, mini-games and prizes attract you? IF SO READ ON!
To our dearest psychology enthusiasts,
NUS Psychology Society will be launching Psychology Appreciation Week (PAW) next week! We have some awesome events lined up just for YOU! We hope that our events can motivate and alleviate everyone’s stress while preparing for finals and appreciate your loved ones in the PAWcess!
On Tuesday and Thursday (7 & 9 Nov):
1. Grab A PAWer Up! Tired of the inevitable rat race in uni? Don’t worry coz WE FEEL YOU! Fuel your body with our classic welfare pack giveaways while enduring the arduous marathon for finals! Simply register as our lifetime member (if you haven’t) and enjoy the PAWer Ups we prepared along with other membership benefits!
On Wednesday and Friday (8 & 10 Nov):
2. Seize the Golden OpPAWtunity! Step out of CLB and join everyone in hunting for the Golden Paw! Will you be the lucky one to redeem our golden welfare packs? Clues will be posted on Instagram (@nuspsychsoc) so keep a lookout!
3. Wear-Your-Psych-Shirt day is here to PAWlish up your look! Show everyone how proud you are to be learning about psych! Get our high qualiTEE shirts at the AS6 benches next week if you haven’t! PSYCHOLOGY FTW!
Everyday (6 – 10 Nov):
4. Welcome to the Instagram Challenge!
If FREE 2 hour gaming session for up to 10 pax (worth $150 each) sounds attractive to you, READ ON!
The two categories for Instagram Challenge are
A)”Most Appre-ative Caption Award” (appreciative + creative)
B) “Best Photo Award”
Our criteria is simply anything related to psychology or PAW (e.g taking wefies with professors in psych shirts, application of psych concepts etc).
Just public your account, tag @nuspsychsoc and #psychsocPAW to take part! The contest starts from 6 Nov 0000 to 10 Nov 2359 and winners will be contacted to redeem their rewards!
5. “Game of PAWbability” is a lucky draw event for everyone who buy shirts next week and follow social media accounts! Prizes include our limited edition PAW keychains and Ironman “POP” Marvel toys!
Just a few more days left before all these exciting PAWgrams begin! Meanwhile, we wish you all the best in your upcoming examinations! #psychsocPAW
Have you ever wanted to join a CCA to try new things but afraid to commit one whole year? Are you intrinsically motivated to contribute back to Psychology in small little ways? If yes, READ ON!
NUS Psychology Society will be launching our long-awaited Psychology Appreciation Week (PAW) in Week 12 again! 😎
PAW aims to motivate students through mini games and welfare packs (don’t worry, they are free!) and show our appreciation to our teaching staff!
As PAW is one of our big events, we are recruiting psych enthusiast for our PAW sub-committee a.k.a “Unleash your PAWtential”! Here are the roles you can consider:
1. Marketing Musketeers:
– Source for sponsors using email, FaceBook, Instagram and keep in mind that your friend’s(and yours) welfare pack quality depends on you~
2. Passionate Publicity:
– Photography and simple video-editing for PAW
– Advanced video-making is a bonus(e.g special effects)
– If coming up with creative posters/photos and witty captions are your thing, WE WANT YOU!
– In charge of PAW logistics (organize, keep track and gather sponsored items and other logistics during PAW)
4. Self-proposed positions
Do not worry if you have no experience! Everyone comes from a blank slate of paper! The 12th Exco is here to guide you and learn together! We just need you to have an open mind, a dose of enthusiasm and a desire to make new friends with like-minded people! If you are interested in Psych Camp organizing committee next year, here is a chance to showcase and hone your skills too!
Sign up link: tinyurl.com/pawtential17
Sign-ups will close on 14 October 2017 2359! So what are you waiting for? Come onboard and unleash your PAWtential!:)
Nus Psychology Society is once again holding its annual bazaar from 9th October to 11th October. Featuring a wide range of vendors from Audanis bakes, Biscotti & Cold Brew Coffee, Janice bags and many more, there’ll be something for everyone to enjoy at our bazaar.
Seeing your friends wearing the psychology shirt? Interested in getting one? Never fear. NUS Psychology Society will have a booth at the bazaar for T-shirt sales so if you missed out before, now’s your chance to get it.
To all members, you are invited!
Join us at this year’s Annual General Meeting as we come together for a great catch up, alongside receiving the latest updates about our events for the upcoming year.
We will also be carrying out the voting, prior to the selection of the 12th Exco.
Date: 15 September 2017 (Friday)
Venue: LT 14
See you there!