Yale-NUS academic research conference
Hey all! The Yale-NUS Society for Academic Research will be organizing an interdisciplinary undergraduate academic research conference, open to all NUS and Yale-NUS students of any faculty or major!
It’ll consist of two parts: the first (in March) for presenting a rough outline of your proposed research, and the second (in Nov) for presenting your completed paper. Afterwards, some papers -after being reviewed and approved- will also be guaranteed publication in the Yale-NUS Undergraduate Journal at the end of the year.
It’ll be a great opportunity for anyone interested in academia/ research/ furthering their studies. You’ll receive feedback/ freely exchange ideas in a highly supportive intellectual setting, and make new friends!
Sign up at: https://goo.gl/forms/fD6Y4rFq3kEWWcHg1
Please take note that registration for the first round ends on 20 Jan. Check out the website (http://www.ynsar.org/research-conference/) or Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ynsarconference2017/?fref=ts) for more details!
For urgent enquiries, feel free to reach out to Dianne directly at 97843637.
RP: Investigating automatic thoughts and behaviours toward cigarette smoking
(1) Chionh Shermaine (Psychology Graduate Student)
(2) Dr. Jia Lile
Study Title: Investigating automatic thoughts and behaviours toward cigarette smoking
· Recruiting paid participants: Group 1 will be reimbursed $100, Group 2 will be reimbursed $130 upon completion of the full study
· Participants need to be above 21 years old and are active cigarette smokers
· Group will need to attend 10 sessions conducted regularly over 1 month, Group 2 will need to attend 13 sessions over 1.5 months
· Each session will take approximately 1 hour and will involve completing computer tasks where smoking pictures are shown
· Sessions will be held at NUS FASS Psychology Computer Labs (AS5/AS7)
If you are interested to participate, please contact Shermaine via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if you have any friends who are smokers and might be interested to participate, please help to pass this message on to them as well! Thank you!